Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Gelato By Any Other Name Isn't The Same

In an earlier post, I professed my love for Yomo, but soon after I wrote the words I stumbled upon the most delicious ice cream shop, San Remo (Av Godoy y Crespo). And it was packed with ice cream seekers at 2am! I should really stop calling it ice cream, though, because it's gelati (Italian). Ice cream is called helado here, but this shop isn't messin around, they are a gelateria.

This sweet, creamy dessert is my favorite food. It brings back memories of breakfast, lunch, and dinner in Italy with the girls. I love that there are so many flavors packed into this little shop:

Just have a look at the swirls and chunks of deliciousness crammed into each flavor!

Guille and I split a 3-flavor concoction in a waffle cone bowl for only 7 pesos. This is Oreo & Cream, Dulce de Leche San Remo (fudge swirls), and Choco-chunk. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Color Me Green said...

yummmmmmm

diva said...

OOOH i love gelato..when i was in milan i had gelato every day :) and in the summer, it is literally what i live on.

x
diva
The Sugar Bar

Gina said...

Oooh my goodness that is one huge waffle bowl of gelato!! Gelato was actually one of the very last non-vegan things I had :)

Katie said...

I absolutely adore ice cream/gelato/helado...whatever you want to call it. Daniel and I have two favorite places here in Necochea. I am definitely going to write a blog post about them! And can I say, 7 pesos for that sundae is a very good price! Great, now I'm drooling. ;)

Katie said...

Meag, this comment is completely random and off-topic, so forgive me. I don't know what your political persuasion is, but if you happen to be a Democrat and you're interested in participating in the organization Democrats Abroad Argentina, the chair of the organization is traveling to Rosario to meet with interested expats. His name is "Yanqui Mike" Skowronek and you can contact him at yanquimike@democratsabroad.com.ar if it sounds like something you're interested in.