Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Eat, Drink, and be Green!

image from drinks are on me

This year I'm taking it easy on the green. Just a simple day with Irish Car Bomb cupcakes (and beer) to celebrate. I've found two amazing, similar recipes from Smitten Kitchen and Drinks are on Me that each feature a yummy Guinness-based chocolate batter.

I also came across the Working Holiday Agreement, which allows students and recent grads from Ireland and the US to live and work in each others' country for a year. Wish I would have known about this sooner! Still, thought it would be nice to pass along today.

Saint Patrick was a gentleman,
Who through strategy and stealth,
Drove all the snakes from Ireland,
Here’s a toasting to his health.
But not too many toastings
Lest you lose yourself and then
Forget the good Saint Patrick
And see all those snakes again.

Beannachtam na Feile Padraig!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Those cupcakes sound insanely good! I hope you had a Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Color Me Green said...

check this out fried guiness cupcakes! unfortunately i was not able to make it to try them http://www.fuckedinparkslope.com/home/guest-post-st-pattys-2k10-bombed-on-robicellis-fried-irish-c.html

Maria Carra said...

Hi Meag, I really enjoy your posts! Cupcakes sound great, and I love the pics on your site. I currently publish a food blog for Bs. As. at http://www.buenosairesfoodies.com/