Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy Birthday Bucket!



My little boy turned one. That means that he's roughly the equivalent of a 15 year old human (according to Cesar), I think. With him around, time goes by so fast and for a while I could measure it by his growth -- by marking it on the wall. But he's all grown-up and now I measure it by how many pairs of Havianas he's eaten (always the right one). So, for his birthday I gave him something else to eat. A birthday cake!


He wasn't too sure about it at first, 



but then he realized he could eat it, too. 


Bucket's 1st Peanut Butter Carrot Cake
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup baking soda
  • 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1 cup shredded carrots
  • 1 egg

Whisk together flour and baking soda. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined. Pour batter into greased pan and bake at 350F/180C for 30 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. I used a small loaf pan along with 4 cupcakes which took about 25 minutes. 

Let cool and ice with your choice of doggie frosting. For this one, I combined peanut butter with a little light cream cheese and honey, though it wasn't easily spreadable - peanut butter would work great!

And now, a look back to when he was just a teensy playful puppy...


3 comments:

Jamille Costa said...

HE'S ADORABLE

Katie said...

Happy belated birthday to Bucket! I hope he enjoyed his cake.

myrtle said...

WoW! His so cute.=D
buy eve account